Want to lose weight? Rather than waiting until you are full to stop eating, stop when you are satisfied. It takes about 20 minutes for your brain to realize your body is not hungry anymore. If you wait until you are full to stop eating, you risk overeating, feeling stuffed, and gaining weight.
Powerful Weight Loss Tip: Stop Eating When You Are Satisfied, Not Full
Techniques to help you eat until you are satisfied rather than full:
- Eat mindfully; pay attention when you are eating.
- If you are normally a fast eater, relax and make sure to chew your food thoroughly.
- Pause before you are half way through your meal and check your hunger level.
- Remember that you have a choice; you do not have to finish every last bite every time you eat.
- Learn about appropriate portion sizes.
Now I’d like to hear from you.
What are you doing to be a smart eater? Take a moment to share your experience with me as a comment below.
Meanwhile, if you need help getting started with weight loss, please get in touch with me via email or call @ 732-494-1149. I’d be happy to help you achieve your goals.
Jump Start your weight loss with these 7 proven (non-diet) strategies today!
Until next time, eat and be well!
Lorraine Matthews-Antosiewicz, MS RD
Image courtesy of marin / FreeDigitalPhotos.net