It’s that time of year when we become pumpkin obsessed – pumpkin lattes, pumpkin smoothies, pumpkin pancakes. And why not? Pumpkin is both savory and sweet making it the perfect addition to many recipes; and it’s very nutritious.
One of my favorite pumpkin obsessions comes in the form of a cookie that makes an awesome breakfast or healthy snack. Before I share the recipe with you, I have an important message.
Breakfast is good for your health! Here’s why …
· Breakfast boosts metabolism and can help you maintain a healthy weight.
· You get more vitamins, minerals, and other nutrients when you eat breakfast.
· It’s an opportunity to bump up your fiber intake of which most people don’t get enough.
· It may enhance your memory, improve cognitive ability, and increase attention span.
· You’re in a better mood when you eat breakfast; and this is the best reason of all.
To build a better breakfast, include…
Lean protein: healthy choices are cheese, plain yogurt, kefir or milk (no added sugar or flavorings), eggs, beans. If you go for sausage, watch the sodium and preservatives.
Whole grains: whole-grain bread with at least 3 g of fiber, cold cereal with at least 5 g of fiber, or plain oatmeal.
Antioxidants: brightly colored fruits and veggies.
Healthy fat: avocado, seeds, nuts or all-natural nut butter.
Here’s the yummy recipe for Pumpkin Breakfast Cookies. Pair with a glass of milk or plain yogurt and you’ve got an easy nutritious breakfast that tastes delicious!
Have you gotten away from eating healthy since COVID-19 hit? I can help you find simple ways to get back on track so you can feel better again, have more energy, enjoy eating, and achieve your personal best weight and maintain it with ease.
If you need help creating a healthy eating plan, LET’S TALK. Call me @ 732-494-1149. I look forward to speaking with you.