Are you finally ready to lose weight; for good? Well then, it’s time to ditch the diet mentality once and for all, and make a genuine lifestyle shift. In other words, lose weight in a way that is sustainable rather than extreme and unrealistic like most diets. The key is to find a balance in eating and exercise that you can keep up for the rest of your life.
Powerful Weight Loss Tip…
Ditch the diet and strive for balance.
Use these tips to achieve your personal best weight and stay there for good.
- If you eat it, you own it. Whether you write it down in a journal or use an app like ‘My Fitness Pal’, keep a record of what you are eating and how you are feeling. Not only will this give you a way to keep your eating in perspective, it will help you stay focused and in touch with what, where, when, and why you eat.
- Take a ‘no-guilt’ approach. Look at the big picture. Having a set-back once in a while is not going to make or break your overall healthy eating and weight goals. The sooner you realize that the big piece of cake you ate today was only a small part of your overall week, the sooner you will be okay with it and move forward.
- Stand in your power. Labeling food as ‘good’ or ‘bad’ gives it too much power. Remember that the food is not in control, you are. Choosing not to eat something rather than telling yourself you can’t have it because it’s a forbidden food, puts you in the driver’s seat where you belong.
- Keep moderation in mind. No matter what you are eating, you need to be mindful of portions. This is especially important if you are having something that is a special treat. If you want it, have it; but pay attention so you end up feeling satisfied rather than guilty.
- See the bigger picture. Healthy eating and exercise is part of your life, but it’s not your entire life. Keep your desire to be healthy and fit in perspective.
- Nourish yourself throughout the day. Establish a regular eating pattern to help regulate your blood sugar and appetite. And then if you decide to have some ice cream, you’re more likely to stick to one serving rather than going overboard.
- Plan for indulgence. When you are in the mood to indulge, think it through beforehand. A spontaneous indulgence can easily turn into a pity party after you eat too much of something you didn’t really want or even enjoy.
- Know your triggers. Be honest about what leads you to overeat. If you need help dealing with your emotions, seek it out. Until you do, managing your weight may always be a struggle.
The most important aspect of achieving your personal best weight is to establish a healthy relationship with food. There is no right or wrong way to go about this. It’s very personal and there are as many ways to do it as there are people. Your task is to create balance and find an eating style that feels nourishing to you. Yes – you can enjoy all the foods you love, lose weight and get healthy.
Now, I’d love to hear from you.
How do you strike a balance when it comes to eating for health and weight loss?
Please share in the comment section below. Your ideas could be very helpful to other readers.
Meanwhile, if you want to lose weight, improve your energy and feel better, I can help you get started. Take my free Self-Assessment at https://njnutritionist.com/freeassessment